PADI IDC Gili Air
PADI IDC Gili Air Islands makes your dream come true. Who wouldn’t want to call the ocean his office? Who would't want to dive in Indonesia?
With IDC Gili Air at our dive resort on the Gili Islands in Indonesia, this dream becomes reality! You become a PADI dive instructor with IDC Gili Air Islands.
Imagine working in stunning, tropical dive locations around the world, like Indonesia, working on dive boats or on exotic islands and introducing the amazing aquatic world to others.
Teaching scuba diving gives you the opportunity to share your love of the underwater world with others while doing what you enjoy – being in, around and under water.
For instructor candidates who are already certified as PADI Divemasters, the PADI IDC Indonesia is the next step in your diving career.
Looking forward to your job every day. That is what PADI scuba dive instructors do!
Career Development Center Oceans 5
We give you the best location and conditions on the Gili Islands to successfully accomplish the PADI IDC and PADI IE (Instructor Examination).
During our PADI IDC you will enjoy the tropical island atmosphere of Gili Air. The island is easily reached from Bali, Lombok or other parts of Indonesia. Without any cars or motor bikes, with plenty of bars and restaurants to hang out, it is the perfect spot to do your PADI IDC and to start your career as a scuba instructor.
During your stay on Gili Air, you will experience beautiful diving, right on your doorstep. Diving in Indonesia is one of the best places in the world.
Our PADI IDC Indonesia is taught in a small group of students, so you will get a lot of attention from your Course Directors Sander Buis, Joeri van Hal, Giny Pinto, Alina Conroy and our diving team of staff instructors.
A dedicated classroom, a 25 meter swimming pool, plenty of dive sites at only a few minutes away, free IDC theory preparation workshops, a professional and experienced approach and not to forget a big portion of fun, jokes and laughter, … These are all elements why to choose for us to successfully accomplish your PADI IDC.
How do you prepare yourself for the instructor course
We offer you a few different ways to prepare yourself for a successful PADi Instructor Course.
By preparing thoroughly in advance, you will benefit most from your PADI IDC, and avoid feeling overloaded. Before starting the PADI IDC Indonesia, we recommend that you:
- Purchase all required materials
- Familiarize yourself with the PADI Dive Instructor Manual and the Guide to Teaching
- Revise the five dive theory topics
- Make sure you have the latest version of the PADI Dive Instructor Manual (paper or digital)
- Review the 24 Divemaster course skills at our YouTube Channel.
- Practice Rescue Exercise number 7: Unconscious Diver at the Surface
1) Free IDC Preparation
Before the instructor course starts there is a 4-5 days free IDC preparation. During these days we, the course directors, will brush your dive theory and your diving skills
2) The PADI eLearning IDC
We offer an online IDC program that covers the lectures of the assistant instructor course. Following the program online has the advantage that you can do the program in your own pace and time schedule. If you finished this program it will save you some time during the instructor course. The result is that you can concentrate more about the other parts of the IDC in a relaxing way. Our Instructor course will run with the lectures for those who have not completed online learning. This gives you the opportunity to relax, to go on a free fundive or to study.
If you decide to start the PADI IDC online we highly recommend you also to start the dive theory online.
3) Dive Theory Online
The free idc preparation will go over the 5 parts of the dive theory exam. However you can also prepare yourself at home to start the dive theory online.
Have a look at the online parts of the PADI Instructor Course!
What to expect in your PADI IDC Gili Air?
Our PADI IDC Program includes the Emergency First Response Instructor Course (EFRI course) and the Instructor Development Course (IDC).
EFRI Course - 2 days
You will be certified as a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor by PADI only when you completed the EFR Instructor course.
IDC Indonesia Course – 12 days
The PADI Instructor Development Course contains:
- Dive theory
- Practice exams
- Classroom time for presentations
- Confined water skill sessions
- Confined water and open water sessions
Additional teaching workshops during the IDC include:
- Knot tying workshop
- Lift Bag workshop
- Student control workshop
- DSD workshop
- CESA Workshop
These workshops are NOT standard IDC practice. They are additional workshops added into our PADI IDC Indonesia program. These workshops will give you more experience on teaching skills safely and efficiently.
Our overall objective is to teach you how to be a GREAT PADI Scuba Dive Instructor. Passing the PADI Instructor Examination (IE) is a secondary objective; it is NOT the primary objective, and this is what makes us different from other PADI Instructur training centers. We believe that if you teach IDC students how to be GREAT instructors, then the PADI Instructor Examination is just a formality.
Look at the Instructor Course Calendar! And pick the IDC Indonesia date that fits you!
What can you teach after you become a PADI Scuba Dive Instructor?
After becoming an Open Water Scuba Instructor, you can conduct all PADI courses and programs from Discover Scuba Diving up to Divemaster. You can also acquire specialty instructor ratings, such as Digital Underwater Photographer or Enriched Air Diver (Nitrox).
Prerequisites for the PADI IDC Gili Islands:
If you want to start your training as a PADI Open Water Scuba Dive Instructor at our instructor course center in Gili Air you must:
- Be certified as a PADI Divemaster, a PADI Assistant Instructor or leadership level with another diver training organization (check with a PADI Course Director or Contact Us for qualifying credentials.
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be certified as a diver for at least six month
- Have 60 logged dives that include experience in night, deep and navigation diving to participate in the Instructor Development Course. You’ll need 100 logged dives to take the Instructor Exam (IE).
- Have proof of Primairy and Secundary Care within the last 24 months. The Emergency First Response course meets this requirement
- Be fit for diving and present a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
Required PADI IDC Indonesia material:
- PADI Dive Instructor Manual (paper or digital version)
- Guide to Teaching with hologram
- Specialty Dive Instructor Manual
- Confined Open Water Diver cue cards
- Open Water Diver cue cards
- Confined water lesson preparation slate
- Open water lesson preparation slate
- Adventures in Diving cue cards
- Rescue Diver cue cards
- Divemaster cue cards
- Discover Scuba Diving cue cards
- Dive Instructor for Divemaster cue cards
- Open Water Diver quizzes and final exams
- Rescue Diver final exams
- Divemaster final exams
- Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
- Diving Knowledge Workbook
- eRDPml and RDP with instructions for use booklet
- How to use and choose dive computers
Continue your dive education
To become more employable it is a good idea to start continueing your dive education after the PADI Instructor Course. We, as a PADI Career Develepment Center and DDI Instructor Training center, will give you several options. You can become a PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer or a DDI Instructor or both. The MSTDT program takes here at our dive resort 3-4 days while the DDI instructor course takes 2 days.
Summary PADI Instructor Course
Price excluded the PADI materials and PADI fees